Incredible information has been published in this week’s Encomium Magazine.
Many people may not realize it, but the organizers of Big Brother Africa (BBA) TV reality show made a record sum of money from the finished season.
The BBA is one of the most watched television reality shows and this year’s own was successful by all ratings. It kicked off on Sunday, May 26, 2013, and ended on Sunday, August 25, 2013, when the winner of the show has been announced.
A brief breakdown structure is given below:
– The Big Brother House (N10Million Spent).
– Feeding (feeding housemates for 3 months – N10Million Spent).
– Make-Up Artiste and Toiletries (N5Million Spent).
– Performing Artistes (Nigerian Artistes – N40Million Spent).
– The Crew [50 Members] – (N50Million).
– Advertisement and Promo [Television, Radio, Billboards, Print Media, Posters] – (N200Million Spent).
– HOST – I.K Osakioduwa (N10Million).
– Cash Prize – All of the USD 300,000 – Dillish Mathews (N45Million).
– Travelling Expenses – (N5Million Spent).
The expenses amount to N375Million.
– How Much They Raked In – (Airtel Charged N100/SMS – Over 5Million People Voted Per Week for their Favorite housemates – 13 Weeks/91Days = Over N7Billion Made (Minus SMS By Regular Fans).
Please note that the above calculations may be rough and not too precise, but at least they will give you an idea of how profitable TV reality shows may be.