Civilians Kill 200 Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno attack yesterday

Image

The rise of the civilians against terror took the Boko Haram saga to a new turn in the early hours of Tuesday morning when citizens of Rann, headquarters of Kala-Balge local government area, Borno northeast, who had fore-knowledge of an impending Boko Haram attack, decided not to remain sitting ducks but prepared for battle.

According to reports we received from Civilian sources in Borno, over 400 Boko Haram terrorists stormed Rann and neighboring villages in the early hours of Tuesday, with their usual convoy of hilux trucks, motorcycles and APC (Armored Personnel Carriers) only to meet villagers ready for them this time. The civilian villagers pounced on the terrorists with mere rocks, bows and arrows, local Dane guns, swords and “charms,” but as we have earlier reported, Boko Haram are more frightened of Civilian-JTF than they are of the Nigerian army, and run from the civilians even if they – the civilians only have knives Continue reading “Civilians Kill 200 Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno attack yesterday”

PDP Will Not Apologise To Buhari, APC Over Terrorism Support Accusation

Image

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is not going to retract its earlier statement that the leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) aided insurgency in Nigeria.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary Olisa Metuh said this on Tuesday in Abuja.

Metuh also said that in its pursuit of power shift the opposition party was heating up the polity by distracting President Goodluck Jonathan from his transformation agenda.

Immediately after a bomb exploded at the Nyanya bus park killing more than 75 people on April 14, Metuh issued a statement in which the ruling party alleged that the attack was politically motivated and could be traced to the words of some of the APC politicians who wanted to make Nigeria ungovernable Continue reading “PDP Will Not Apologise To Buhari, APC Over Terrorism Support Accusation”

PDP Will Not Apologise To Buhari, APC Over Terrorism Support Accusation

Image

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is not going to retract its earlier statement that the leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) aided insurgency in Nigeria.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary Olisa Metuh said this on Tuesday in Abuja.

Metuh also said that in its pursuit of power shift the opposition party was heating up the polity by distracting President Goodluck Jonathan from his transformation agenda.

Immediately after a bomb exploded at the Nyanya bus park killing more than 75 people on April 14, Metuh issued a statement in which the ruling party alleged that the attack was politically motivated and could be traced to the words of some of the APC politicians who wanted to make Nigeria ungovernable Continue reading “PDP Will Not Apologise To Buhari, APC Over Terrorism Support Accusation”

Shettima Provided Misleading Information On Missing Girls – DHQ

Image

Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen Chris Olukolade, said Borno State officials had provided wrong information on the missing Chibok girls, Today reports.

Kashim Shettima provided misleading information to DHQ

In a recent interview with African Independent Television (AIT) Olukolade claimed that Borno governor Kashim Shettima and the state senators gave misleading information, which resulted in the waste of resources.

He narrated that Shettima had previously reported the movement of some 60 vehicles, and DHQ immediately sent an aircraft to search the area, but nothing was spotted. Continue reading “Shettima Provided Misleading Information On Missing Girls – DHQ”

The Truth about Boko Haram, CIA, USA, Shekau and the 200 Girls

Image

Communiqué from the proceedings of the 4th ENDS.ng Consultative Assembly; held via global media conference on the 10th of May, 2014. Re: Chibok Abduction, The Best Approach on National Security, and Risk Management of Provocative Tensions in Light of Suspicion, Failure and Conspiracies.

There are countless conspiracies being disseminated about the causes, failures and implications of the current state of the nation and the management of Boko Haram terror. Increasingly, the following and more questions and accusations are floating across various media platforms: Were the girls really abducted? Is this, or rather, this is US’ ultimate technique to invade Nigeria; this is CAN (Christian Association of Nigeria); this is Jonathan; this is Jonathan, CAN, CIA and the man; and numerous other conspiracies. Continue reading “The Truth about Boko Haram, CIA, USA, Shekau and the 200 Girls”

U.S Soldiers Arrest 2 Boko Haram Members [See Photo]

Image

Image

Soilders have arrested a young Boko Haram member and one elderly one .The arrest was made by the U.S Soldiers on internal security operation.

According to The Sun,The boy, according to the Director, Defence Information, was arrested during a cordon-and-search operation at Anyibe in Logo Local Government Area of Benue State.

Two rifles, three locally fabricated pistols and 61 rounds of special ammunition were said to have been recovered from the teenager during the operation.The arrested gang member was also said to be undergoing interrogation in custody.

Breaking: Boko Haram bombs bridge linking Nigeria and Cameroun

Image

Boko Haram have reportedly bombed the sole bridge linking Borno State, Nigeria & Cameroun. The small bridge which is located at the border town of Gamboru Ngala, was bombed today, cutting off some residents of the area from their families who live in Cameroon.

At least 30 people were killed this evening following the attack, with many reportedly still trapped under the ruble.

Residents say the only option left for people traveling to and from Gamboru, is to go into Banki near Bama local government area of Borno into Cameroon and later enter Gamboru from another Cameroonian village.

This is the same area where over 300 people were killed by Boko Haram on Monday.

Northern Nigeria Christian Association alleges conspiracy in Chibok Abduction

Image

The Northern Nigeria Chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) yesterday released a statement expressing reservations and alleging conspiracy in the Chibok schoolgirls abduction.

The chapter said they believe the kidnapping is a conspiracy involving the governor of the state, Kashim Shettima, the principal of the school, the chief security officer of Borno & the commissioner for Education. In the statement, they asked how 300+ girls can disappear into air without any trace and where the daughters of the principal, vice principal & CSO of the state were when the kidnapping took place, and why no single photograph of the Chibok girls has been made public by school authorities. Find their press statement after the cut… Continue reading “Northern Nigeria Christian Association alleges conspiracy in Chibok Abduction”

Gov. Fashola threatens to sanction churches, mosques over noise pollution

Image

The Lagos State Government on Tuesday threatened to sanction any church or mosque found disturbing public peace with noise from their loud speakers.

The Commissioner for the Environment, Mr Tunji Bello, issued the threat at his Ministry’s 2014 Ministerial Press Briefing in Ikeja.

He said that government had been inundated with complaints from residents living near some religious places disturbing their neighbourhoods with noise and it would no longer watch the trend continue. Continue reading “Gov. Fashola threatens to sanction churches, mosques over noise pollution”

THE BRITISH NIGERIAN WOOLWICH KILLER – MICHAEL ADEBOLAJO

One of the Woolwich killers has been identified as a British Nigerian man named ‘Michael ‘Muhajid’ Adebolajo’, whose father has been identified as 56 year old Nigerian trained nurse named Anthony Adebolajo. This is the last thing we need now. A Daily Mail article suggests that there’s now a high threat of terrorism from Nigeria. Read it below… Continue reading “THE BRITISH NIGERIAN WOOLWICH KILLER – MICHAEL ADEBOLAJO”

VIDEO: ARMY WARNS OF BOKO HARAM USING FAKE MILITARY UNIFORMS

The Nigerian Army has alerted the public on the use of military camouflage by members of the Boko Haram sect to perpetrate violence and create an impression that the military is responsible, claiming that was the tactic used in the Baga and Bama massacre. They said most of the terrors unleashed on civilians which are blamed on the military are perpetrated by the insurgents. (Channels TV)

2000 soldiers, fighter jets deployed to Borno state

About 2,000 security operatives and military hardware, including fighter jets have been deployed to Maiduguri ahead of yesterday’s declaration of State of Emergency.

 
In neighboring Yobe State, it is not clear how many soldiers were deployed but residents said shortly after the declaration of state of emergency, stop and search operations have been intensified in the state capital while movement have been restricted in other places.
 
Residents said the deployment of the federal troops, including the army, navy, air force and operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) began at the weekend.
 
“We started sensing danger on Saturday when we saw military trucks conveying soldiers to the Joint Task Force (JTF) headquarters along Pompomari area,” Usman Jika, a resident of Maiduguri said.
“By Sunday morning, so many roadblocks have sprung up in the state capital and there was noticeable cordon and search of houses by new faces (soldiers),” he said.
 
A resident of Kumshe, one of the red spots in Maiduguri said his neighbour was beaten to pulp on Sunday when soldiers besieged the areas and forced all the people out of their houses.
“All the soldiers that came to the neighborhood appeared new in the town, some of them said it is now time for ‘fire for fire” he said.
 
Another resident said he saw military aircrafts landing at the Maiduguri International Airport and the air strip at the Air Force base in the state capital.
 
“A lot of fighting equipment have been deployed to Maiduguri,” Hajja Maimuna, a resident of Gomari, whose house is close to the Air Force base said.
 
“We are really terrified because the military operatives coming to Maiduguri in the last two days far outnumbered those that came during the previous emergency rule,” she said.
“Even though the state governor has not been removed, which is good, the truth is that Maiduguri is now a garrison town, full of angry soldiers who are ready to kill at the slightest provocation. The deployment will definitely hamper social and economic life of the people,” she said.

CAN’S BORNO SECRETARY KILLED MINUTES AFTER PRES JONATHAN’S BROADCAST

Just minutes after President Jonathan declared a State of Emergency in Borno State (and two other states), the Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the state, Reverend Faye Pama Musa was killed by suspected Boko Haram members. This happened around 7.30pm this evening.

Reverend Pama Musa, who was the head pastor of a pentecostal church in Maiduguri, was shot dead inside his GRA home by two gunmen who trailed him to his residence. The head quarters of Borno CAN have confirmed his killing.

FG to compensate Boko Haram victims –Jonathan

* …inaugurates amnesty, light weapons committees

* Says soldiers indicted in Borno won’t be spared

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said that the victims of the Boko Haram insurgency in the North would be compensated by the Federal Government.

This is even as reports from Baga, Borno State, where more than 185 people were killed in a clash between the Boko Haram Islamic sect and the Joint Task Force, JTF, indicated that scores of people were still missing.

President Jonathan, while inaugurating the committees on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of the Security Challenges in the North and Small Arms and Light Weapons, lamented that many people had fallen victims of the insurgency.

The committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of the Security Challenges in the North, however, included the President of the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, SCSN, Dr. Ibrahim Datti Ahmed, and the President of the Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria, CRCN, Shehu Sani, two members who had earlier declined their membership of the committee.

The President had on Tuesday also included Barrister Aisha Wakil, to join the committee.

Inaugurating the two committees in Abuja, the President charged them to engage stakeholders to end the lingering insecurity in the country.

He told the dialogue committee, which he addressed as “bigger committee” that Nigerians expected them to perform “magic” and prayed that such “magic” be achieved within the time frame given the committee.

President Jonathan urged the committee to develop a framework for disarmament and work out a sustainable option that could lead to granting amnesty to the dreaded sect.

The President also charged them to develop a comprehensive victims’ support programme, as according to him, a large number of people are victims of the excesses of Boko Haram insurgent group.

I didn’t bomb Madalla Catholic church Says Kabir Sokoto

 

 

The alleged Boko Haram commander suspected of planning the December 25, 2011 bomb blast at St. Theresa’s Catholic Church in Madalla, Niger State, Kabiru Sokoto, this friday pleaded not guilty to an amended two-count terrorism charge brought against him by the Federal Government.

Sokoto, whose real name is Kabiru Umar, was arraigned amid very tight security before an Abuja Federal High Court presided over by Justice Ademola Adeniyi.

The arraignment was initially slated for March 20, 2013, but the non-availability of counsel for Kabiru Umar (Sokoto) stalled the process. On that ground, the suspect asked the court to give him time to get a lawyer.

When the matter resumed on Friday, a team of five lawyers, led by H. A. Ibrahim, appeared in court to defend Sokoto.

The other lawyers are Hassan Lukman, Yahaya Saidu, S. Okoh, and a human rights lawyer from Kaduna, Sadau Garba.

Sokoto’s family of his wife and child were also present in court.

Speaking through a court interpreter, the alleged terrorist denied the two-count charge when it was read to him by the court clerk.

Apart from the charge that he had prior knowledge of the St. Theresa’s Catholic Church bombing, Sokoto was also accused of planning to bomb the headquarters of the Sokoto State Police Command as well as other government organisations in the state.

Count 1 reads, “That you, Kabiru Umar (alias Kabiru Sokoto) member of an illegal terrorist organisation known and called Boko Haram, between 2007 and 2012, at Masiwa, Sokoto State, did facilitate the commission of terrorist acts to wit: by planting and encouraging your boys (now at large) at Masiwa, Sokoto, in Sokoto State, with the intention to bomb the police headquarters Sokoto and some other government organisations in the state, and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 15(2) of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act 2004, and punishable under the same Act.”

In count two, the SSS alleged that on or about December 25, 2011, at St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State, Sokoto had information about the bombing of the church and failed to disclose such to law enforcement officers as soon as possible, an offence contrary to section 7(1) of Terrorism and Prevention Act 2011, and punishable under section 33(1)(c) of the same Act.

After Sokoto’s counsel had taken his plea and denied the charge, the prosecuting counsel, Mrs. Chioma Onuegbu, asked for a date for trial.

She had earlier informed the court that about eight witnesses have been pencilled down to testify against Sokoto.

The suspect’s lead counsel rose to move an oral application, asking the court to grant Sokoto bail “in the most liberal terms.”

But the judge instructed Ibrahim that the rules of the FHC stipulated that such an application must be formal.

“If you propose to make any application, you must come formally and also serve the prosecution,” Justice Adeniyi said.

Ibrahim thereafter asked the court to transfer Sokoto from the custody of the State Security Service to prison custody.

He claimed that Sokoto’s lawyers were having challenges in getting access to him in the SSS detention facility.

“We need access to the accused person to enable us to prepare his defence,” Ibrahim added.

In a short ruling, Justice Adeniyi fixed May 2, 6 and 9, 2013, for trial.

He also ordered that Sokoto be remanded in prison custody until the trial date.

Don’t dare us, Northern youths warn MEND

Angered by last Sunday’s threat by the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta, MEND, to commence bombing of mosques and killing of Muslim clerics as from May 31 over the terror campaign and killing of Christians by the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, northern youths yesterday, promised to deal a deadly blow on the militants should they carry out its devilish plan even as former agitators and clerics in the Niger-Delta differed on planned attack.

Although the Arewa youths did not specify their  mode of retaliation, they warned MEND not to arrogate to itself the monopoly of violence.

The northern youths’ warning was handed down by the National President of the Arewa Youths Forum, Alhaji Ibrahim Gambo Gujungu in Abuja. me i fear oooooo.. lol

3 Wazobia FM presenters arrested over killing of polio vaccinators

Three Nigerian journalists have been arrested for allegedly masterminding the killing of 9 health workers in Kano state, on Friday.

Confirming the arrest, the state police commissioner, Ibrahim Idris, said the three journalists were detained for saying on a radio show that polio immunisations were anti-Islam western conspiracy to cause infertility in women.

Mohammed Gama, Yakubu Fagge and an intern, attached to Wazobia FM in the city, allegedly made the statement two days before the 9 workers administering the vaccines were killed.

 

The gunmen on tricycles shot dead the vaccinators in two separate attacks.

Although no one claimed responsibility, Islamist militant group Boko Haram, is known to have condemned the use of western education.

It is feared that the killings could hamper efforts by international health organisations to rid the north of the polio virus.