Federal government now wants to negotiate with Boko Haram?

Image

According to a BBC Africa report, the Minister of Special Duties says the Nigerian government is ready to negotiate with Boko Haram to bring back the abducted girls. This new report is contrary to what other government officials said yesterday.

Advertisements

Boko Haram Show Kidnapped Chibok Girls, Present Option for Their Release

Image

The Boko Haram terrorist sect have issued yet another video, showing, as they claim, the missing Chibok girls who still are in their captivity. Also in the video, the sect’s leader Abubakar Shekau imposes options for the girls’ release.

It will be recalled that in their previous video entry, the sect have claimed responsibility for the abduction of 276 female students. On April 14, the girls were snatched from their school’s dormitories by the Boko Haram insurgents in Chibok town, Borno State. While 53 have managed to escape, over 200 still remain in the terrorists’ hands. Eleven more girls were abducted from the Gwoza area of Borno State on May 4. SEE VIDEO AFTER THE CUT… Continue reading “Boko Haram Show Kidnapped Chibok Girls, Present Option for Their Release”

Jonathan should resign if kidnapped Chibok girls are not found – Tam David-West

Image

One time Minister of Petroleum, Tam David-West, has advised President Jonathan to resign as president, if the search for the girls abducted from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, produces no positive result.

He urged the president to take a cue from the South Korean Prime Minister, Chung Hong-won, who tendered his resignation following a boat mishap that claimed the lives of over 300 persons last month.

In an interview with Sunday Independent, David-West said “Jonathan should have resigned. Jonathan is the chief security officer of the country where billions of naira is voted every year for security, then a group of people formed themselves under insurgency and carry away your citizens and you cannot find them, he would have resigned long ago. Continue reading “Jonathan should resign if kidnapped Chibok girls are not found – Tam David-West”

Chibok Abduction: Piers Morgan Urges Obama To Send In The SAS or Delta Force To Free The Girls!

Image

Image

The football pundit lent his voice to the Chibok kidnap saga and implored Obama to send in the SAS or Delta force to free the abducted girls. more tweets below Continue reading “Chibok Abduction: Piers Morgan Urges Obama To Send In The SAS or Delta Force To Free The Girls!”

Presidential Media Chat: The 5 lies of Jonathan

jonathan media chat

 

Efforts made by President Goodluck Jonathan to shield some obvious truths during the fifth Media Chat held last night on national television, have been exposed by P.M.NEWS painstaking investigation.

Contrary to the President’s claim in the televised media chat that prior to the emergence of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as the ruling party at the centre in 1999, there was no mobile phone, the truth, according to P.M. NEWS finding, is that mobile cellular services made their debut in Nigeria in 1993 with a “national” service operated by NITEL and a smaller Lagos service operated by Mobile Telecommunications Services (MTS). Continue reading “Presidential Media Chat: The 5 lies of Jonathan”

Presidential Media Chat: The 5 lies of Jonathan

jonathan media chat

 

Efforts made by President Goodluck Jonathan to shield some obvious truths during the fifth Media Chat held last night on national television, have been exposed by P.M.NEWS painstaking investigation.

Contrary to the President’s claim in the televised media chat that prior to the emergence of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as the ruling party at the centre in 1999, there was no mobile phone, the truth, according to P.M. NEWS finding, is that mobile cellular services made their debut in Nigeria in 1993 with a “national” service operated by NITEL and a smaller Lagos service operated by Mobile Telecommunications Services (MTS). Continue reading “Presidential Media Chat: The 5 lies of Jonathan”

BREAKING NEWS!! NINE NIGERIAN SERVING MINISTERS SACKED

President Jonathan’s administration has sacked nine serving ministers. They are: Education minister – Ruqayat Rufai. Minister of State for Power – Zainab Kunchi. Minister of State for Agriculture – Buka Jinani. Minister for National Planning – Shamsudeen Usman. Minister for Science&Technology – Ita Okon. Minister of Foreign Affairs – Olugbenga Ashiru. Minister for Lands – Ama Pepple, Minister for Environment – Hadiza Mailafia and Minister of State for Defence -Erelu Olusola Obada. 

Mr President wants to re-shuffle his cabinet. More details later…

FG to compensate Boko Haram victims –Jonathan

* …inaugurates amnesty, light weapons committees

* Says soldiers indicted in Borno won’t be spared

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said that the victims of the Boko Haram insurgency in the North would be compensated by the Federal Government.

This is even as reports from Baga, Borno State, where more than 185 people were killed in a clash between the Boko Haram Islamic sect and the Joint Task Force, JTF, indicated that scores of people were still missing.

President Jonathan, while inaugurating the committees on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of the Security Challenges in the North and Small Arms and Light Weapons, lamented that many people had fallen victims of the insurgency.

The committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of the Security Challenges in the North, however, included the President of the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, SCSN, Dr. Ibrahim Datti Ahmed, and the President of the Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria, CRCN, Shehu Sani, two members who had earlier declined their membership of the committee.

The President had on Tuesday also included Barrister Aisha Wakil, to join the committee.

Inaugurating the two committees in Abuja, the President charged them to engage stakeholders to end the lingering insecurity in the country.

He told the dialogue committee, which he addressed as “bigger committee” that Nigerians expected them to perform “magic” and prayed that such “magic” be achieved within the time frame given the committee.

President Jonathan urged the committee to develop a framework for disarmament and work out a sustainable option that could lead to granting amnesty to the dreaded sect.

The President also charged them to develop a comprehensive victims’ support programme, as according to him, a large number of people are victims of the excesses of Boko Haram insurgent group.

PRES. JONATHAN STEPS INTO SAMBO’S N16BILLION RESIDENCE CONTRACT ROW

 

 

President Goodluck Jonathan has stepped into the row sparked by the N9billion variation on the contract sum for the new official residence of Vice President Namadi Sambo.

The project was originally planned to cost N7billion. 

A request for the approval of the National Assembly for an additional N9billion for the purpose of providing furniture, fence, two protocol guest houses, a banquet hall and security gadgets has provoked outrage across the country.

President Jonathan is said to be dismayed by the controversy trailing the request and asked to be briefed by Vice President Sambo on the issue.